About Propel Marketing
Propel Marketing helps small and medium size businesses better serve their customers by improving their internet presence and marketing efforts. This is accomplished through a constant effort to identifying new challenges these businesses face and creating elegant and affordable solutions to conquer those challenges.
Our primary ares of expertise revolve around web and mobile application, targeted interactive media advertising, SEM/SEO and Social Media management We have an unwavering enthusiasm about the internet and the fundamental shift it is causing in how businesses relate to their patrons.
If you are the kind of programmer that thrives on solving complex problems, writing elegant, efficient code and can quickly pick up and utilize new technologies, this is a great opportunity. The ideal candidate has a strong objective-oriented programming background, especially with Python and already has experience building applications for the web.
- Being an enthusiastic and dedicated member of a team of talented and deeply knowledgeable developers, contribute to the design and implementation of consumer and business facing applications using the Django application framework.
- Proactively contribute and collaborate with front-end developers, and stakeholders on application conceptualization, planning and identify areas to uniquely differentiate our product and delight our customers.
- In-depth understanding and appreciation of the concepts of scalability. High level availability and application security; ensure that these are always at the forefront of our design decisions, as well as their implementation and code
- Learn and adopt industry best practices for application development including test-driven development and revision control. Ensure our code base is always testable, extensible and maintainable
Whats in it for you?
We have great, fun working environment and believe it is critical to create an atmosphere dedicated to personal growth and career mastery. We want people to love what they do and feel excited about their roll and unique contributions within their teams
If you would like to play an important roll with a unique company in the internet marketing industry, be given ample opportunities to attend training seminars, networking events, and industry conferences - all while earning a salary and comprehensive benefits - please don't hesitate to apply.
All of our full-time positions include:
- Convenient Noth Quincy location, close to T stops and major highways
- Free parking (Of course the T shuttle drops off right out front too!)
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Your own adjustable height GeekDesk
- On-site Gym and Cafeteria
- Free Caffeine and snacks
- Telecommute days (With Boston's traffic, everyone should offer this!)
- Randomly cool events: ping Pong tournaments, dinner's at Legal Seafood, and Sam Adam's beer Tours
- Intermediate to expert knowledge and experience working with Python
- Familiarity with developing for a Linux environment
- Proficient with SQL and database design, particularly PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Prior experience with Django a big plus
- Mercurial / Git knowledge a plus
- Experience with non-relational databases a plus
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 2-3 years of experience building web-centric applications in Python
- Love programming, the art of solving problems elegantly, and pushing the limits of what they know
- A self-starter with great organization and communication skills
- Take pride in their work
- Will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience is preferred
Learn more about our team at http://propelmarketing.com/team/