VP Marketing – Demand Generation
Propel Marketing is looking for a marketing leader with history of success in demand generation and customer acquisition. This dynamic business athlete would be would be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must possess strong analytical skills and experience with managing large budgets across several online and offline lead generation channels.
This is a highly visible leadership role within the organization. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the VP of Demand Generation will help build the demand generation team, systems and processes as Propel ramps up to a massive scale of digital and traditional marketing campaigns. He/She will work closely with his/her peers in Sales, Marketing, Product, and Fulfillment to achieve Propel’s customer acquisition and revenue targets.
• Lead the demand generation team to build and execute Propel’s branded response and content based lead generation campaigns.
• Identify and nurture talent to build a data driven lead generation team.
• Manage relationship with both the creative and media planning agencies.
• Direct creative agency to identify and build test campaigns across all traditional and digital media channels.
• Direct media agency to build and execute marketing campaigns across traditional media.
• Direct digital marketing agency to build and execute marketing campaigns across social media and search engines.
• Identify system, process changes needed within Propel to support data analytics on campaigns and work with internal leaders to get them implemented in time for campaigns.
• Build analytical dashboards, targets and reports that will be used to measure success across all lead generation channels – traditional and digital.
• Direct selection and usage of marketing automation systems.
• Manage daily/weekly campaign reporting with agencies and report on success of marketing campaigns.
• Optimize spend per channel based on trackable metrics including CPL, CPA and brand awareness
• Manage the online acquisition channel and optimize for subscriber growth and revenue.
• Manage internal team of content marketers to build a robust content marketing engine.
• Own Propelmarketing.com as a lead generation channel.
• Continually test to optimize lead generation from all channels.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, competitors, and marketing best practices
• 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role in charge of demand generation using traditional and digital media
• Experience managing $10M+ annual demand generation budget
• Hands-on experience with digital marketing channels including Email marketing, Search Engine Advertising, and Social Media advertising
• Experience with Direct Response TV or Direct Response Radio
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Salesforce, Marketo or Eloqua preferred
Founded in 2012, Propel Marketing is an incubated start-up within New Media Investment Group (Nasdaq: NEWM) and is experiencing explosive growth. We are a group of hard working and fun loving individuals that are passionate about delivering digital marketing services to small and medium businesses in the United States.