Senior Search Engine Marketing (PPC) Manager
The Senior Search Engine Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing, implementing and analyzing paid search engine marketing activities. Responsibilities will include; fluency in the Google AdWords and Bing ppc marketing platforms, being on the forefront of new search technologies.
This position is key to future growth and will be responsible for the top-to-bottom coordination of our pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of paid search, ideally in the local, small business space. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, creation of campaign messaging, bidding strategies, creative testing, and analytics. While not customer-facing on a daily basis, this position does require the ability to convey results effectively to customers, present oneself and the company as digital experts, and the ability to display both confidence in knowledge, but also empathy for our clients, as appropriate.
• Act as a specialist of the search engine marketing channel.
• Be an expert in ppc and stay abreast of new technologies in the search and, overall, digital space.
• Working knowledge of (Google) Analytics, conversion tracking, e-commerce, and the interplay of ppc/seo and local search.
• Become a product expert in our industry, understand the hot issues and new developments.
• Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing/Yahoo) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
• Responsibilities include keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative/copy, review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
• Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
• Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the search marketing team.
• Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research.
Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Marketing Degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience managing paid search programs
• Requires hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint
• Exceptional copywriting and editorial skills
• Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
• Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces (Google Analytics preferred)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
• A self-motivated individual; a good team player
• Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.