The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will help create and execute Propel Marketing’s vision to provide digital marketing products and services to local SMB’s. The RSD will lead the sales business strategy, including building and managing a high-functioning sales force to drive sales across multiple markets. The RSD will report directly to the Executive Director of Sales at the Propel Marketing headquarters. The RSD will work closely local sales leaders to refine sales processes and practices to maximize local sales efforts and results.
The RSD will own responsibility for regional sales staff, budget and performance metrics of all regional sales channels. He/she will be responsible for growing the sales teams by recruiting and building a “best in class” sales team and environment. The primary business objectives are to exceed revenue targets, customer retention, quality, training and productivity targets.
- Drive sales by designing and executing a sales coverage strategy of outside sales
- Build a high-performance sales organization by attracting, retaining and developing top talent
- Develop recruiting plans to attract and hire the most qualified candidates
- Ensure sales force is properly managed to increase sales and promote customer retention and growth.
- Develop and sustain a culture of customer service excellence and satisfaction, including measurement and continuous improvement.
- Provide team motivation and training in order to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Provide feedback on performance consistently.
- Business Strategy - Serve as liaison between the Propel Marketing sales team and Gatehouse Media local sales management and teams.
- Communicate sales performance to corporate and local properties.
- Improve productivity by co-leading training programs and implementing consistent process and performance standards across all sales functions
- Maintain a culture of accountability by maintaining standards, metrics, performance criteria, policies and procedures to track key metrics (for both salesperson development and closure improvement)
- Review and develop sales methodology, scripts, prospecting methods etc.
- Analyze marketing trends which includes producing statistical reports analyzing individual performance, sales trends, and promotions.
- Establish monthly quotas by individual.
- Identify market opportunities for product packaging and promotion.
- Execute promotional programs and present information to employees and customers.
- Be a role model for the Company’s core values.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in management, marketing, or related field required
- 8 years sales experience, with a minimum of 4 years experience in b-to-b sales management with sales quota management, including operations, performance metrics, continuous improvement and process/efficiency excellence
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to influence and motivate non-reports
- Proven supervisory experience with all levels of staff, along with strong management skills
- Proven track record of delivering results and improving yield
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute business strategy to meet the strategic needs of the organization
- Budget and expense accountability.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of creativity
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to act independently, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Ability to address conflicts and provide immediate resolutions
- Ability to team with multiple departments and multiple levels of management
- Ability to produce results, solutions and processes that balance the good of the company, team and individual
- All around team player who is looking to join a fast growing company and enjoys a startup environment
- Proficient in SalesForce and MS Office Applications: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Requires 40-50% out-of-town travel