This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate application and clearing of customer payments (Checks, Credits, ACH, and wire transfers). The Cash Application role reconciles all customer payments to ensure that Accounts Receivable are accurately reflected, and makes sure all debit entries for chargebacks/deductions and other adjustments as needed to account for short pays and deductions from invoiced amounts. Responsibilities require a functional understanding of accounting, strong collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee Cash Applications department on daily processes and field exception issues
• Research un-applied cash and complete Journal Entry offsets timely
• Issue credit memos as needed to offset cash transactions
• Support with Credit function as needed
• Work with Finance team to reconcile month end
• Prepare ad-hoc reporting as needed based on client.
• Perform daily review of payment processes, coordinate new client setups, resolve issues timely
• Daily reporting of cash applications activity by client; report any discrepancy or delays with cash posting
• Escalate any issue to management in a timely fashion.
• Work closely with Director on implementations and new client on-boarding’s
• Support team members and provide assistance to other teams
• Identify & implement process improvement changes to aid with efficiency and performance with department goals and objectives
• Performs other duties as required or assigned
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounts receivable; cash applications
• Bachelor of Accounting
• Data entry and Excel skills required
• Deadline oriented and good organization skills
• The ability to identify and implement process improvements in support of continuous improvement.
• Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience with and strong aptitude for reconciliations
• Flexibility to change and learn new processes quickly and the ability to work in a team environment