Who says New Year’s Resolutions can’t be for business?
The new year is quickly approaching and — let’s face it — your business could use a makeover. A digital makeover, that is.
The world of digital marketing is vast and dynamic, and week after week there seems to be a new trend. Having a static presence isn’t enough. It’s important to realize that digital marketing is not a set-it-and-forget-it solution!
Does this mean that you have to adapt your entire strategy whenever a new trend appears on the horizon? No, but if your business is stuck in a digital rut, it may be time for a change.
If any one of these 6 conditions sounds familiar, your digital strategy may benefit from an upgrade:
- You don’t have a website. Consumers no longer find businesses like they used to. Instead of calling up a friend to ask for a recommendation or looking in the phonebook, your customers are hopping online and consulting Google. Even if you don’t constantly update your website, just having your business hours, contact info, and the “What You Do” information is huge. Your competitors are online, it’s about time you followed suit.
- Your website traffic has plateaued or decreased. Although you may think the cause is an overall decrease in business, your website itself could be to blame. If you aren’t already using Google Analytics to track your website traffic, now’s the time to start! GA gives you access to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your site including pageviews, total sessions, users, average session duration, and bounce rate that join to give you a cohesive snapshot of how users are engaging with your site. If your website doesn’t provide a pleasant user experience, it will discourage new and existing users from visiting.
- Your website isn’t mobile-friendly. Again, this is speaking to the issue of your website’s user experience. Since 21% of the coveted Millennial age bracket has converted to mobile-only internet usage, you have 21% more reasons to make sure your website is keeping up with the times. You want a site that is well-organized, easy to read, and equally as easy to navigate on a phone or desktop. Not one that forces your mobile visitors to pinch, pull, stretch, and scroll. Not sure if your site is mobile friendly? Put it to the test here.
- You aren’t on social media. Social media is one of the easiest – and cheapest – ways to market your brand. Even without delving into paid advertising (such as Sponsored posts on Facebook) social gives you the ability to put your brand directly in front of your target audience and give your brand life. As a consumer, it’s nice to know that there is a face and personality behind the brand.
- You’re relying on print as your primary form of marketing. Print advertising is great, but you miss out on a huge chunk of your potential customers that may no longer look to the paper for current events or pick up a magazine to catch up on the latest gossip. Plus, with digital marketing, you only pay for views and clicks from real customers, so you know what you’re paying for. The best marketing strategies incorporate numerous forms of media – including digital.
- You want to try something new! Whether you’re intrigued by Search Engine Marketing (SEM), or just want to give your website a new look, it’s never the wrong time to spice up your digital presence. Restricted budget? Don’t worry! In the world of digital, there is a solution to fit any budget.
Don’t spend another year stuck in a digital rut. Give your digital presence the makeover it deserves. Your business will thank you for it!