As you walk around today, you constantly see people on their phones. They are on the go, talking, texting, posting pictures, etc. What you may not realize is that they are running their whole business through their phone. It can be difficult for small business owners to keep up with rapidly changing technology, but one thing that all business owners “must have” is a smart phone.
These days, owning a business and owning a smartphone go hand in hand. Whether you run a restaurant, a hair salon, or a construction company, staying connected to your business can be done right at your fingertips 24/7.
Having a smartphone allows you to communicate faster with your customers and clients. With a smartphone, there’s nothing you can’t do. Many of your everyday tasks as a business owner can be done on the go. According to the National Federation of Independent Business, some of the best applications for small businesses include credit card transactions, contacts, bookkeeping, shipment tracking, Microsoft Office, and time tracking.
Portability is one of the keys to running an efficient business. Here are just a few reasons why a smart phone is beneficial to the everyday business owner:
- Calendar: You have the ability to schedule, check and change all your appointments at the click of a button.
- Banking: You are able to control all your account activity.
- Voice recording/Notes: You are able dictate your notes, memos, meetings and more, saved right in your phone for easy access later.
- Social Media: You can post, view, and comment on your social media accounts. Using and updating your social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, or Pinterest allows your everyday users to interact with your business.
- Emails: You can respond to inquiries within seconds of getting a question or comment regarding your company.
- Applications: Any application you can imagine is just a download away.
While many business owners may own a smartphone, many do not realize how much they can do with it to simplify their tasks. Winmark Business Solutions states that “83% of businesses said they can benefit from using mobile devices, 65% said they are essential to their success as a business, and 74% think they will be useful in the future.”
Not only do mobile devices allow you to stay connected but they also allow you to understand what your everyday user experiences.
Digital advertisements are where most of your potential customers find your company, but without a smartphone you might be unsure of what your ads will actually look like. Being a smartphone user like your customers will give you firsthand experience with mobile sites, display ads, and more. Being able to view your business as your customers do helps you be more effective at marketing your company online.
So whether you prefer a Blackberry, an iPhone, or an Android, you will have the key to running your business at the touch of a button anywhere at any time. The right phone could help you save time and money, making your business more successful than ever.