Ahhh … the first day of spring. Warmer weather, longer days, flip flops and spring cleaning!
Not only does spring cleaning apply to your closets, but it also applies toward your business. The reasoning behind spring cleaning? Clean up, clean out and refresh! How often do you look at your website, google yourself, or check for updated listings? If you’re not doing it weekly, you’re not doing it enough!
Forget your basement for a few minutes and think about what you can do to get a handle on your marketing efforts.
1. Accurate Online Business Listings – Get listed! Is it easy for your customers to find you online? List your contact information in one place and become accurately represented across over 100 additional online sources. Learn more.
2. Reputation Management – Do you know what people are saying about you? Do you like what people are saying? Do a quick Google search of your business and see what comes up. There may be reviews out there (both good and bad) that will provide a great opportunity for customer engagement. Customer likes your product? Excellent! Thank them for their business! Customer dislikes your product? Acknowledge the issue and perhaps offer a resolution. Either way, if you’re not aware of what people are saying, how can you improve? Learn more.
3. SEM – Search Engine Marketing is a fabulous way to reach a targeted online audience. Be confident that your marketing dollars are targeting specifically who you want to reach. Read this post for a better understanding of how SEM will help your business: Learn more.
4. Social Media – For business’ sake, get social! While you may be a wallflower in your personal life, social media is a MUST DO for your business! Spend some time getting to know Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and grow your customer base substantially. As a small business owner, social media can be a very effective, yet inexpensive, marketing tool. Learn more here and here.
5. Website – How current is your website? Are there older photos, reviews, or coupons lingering on your site? Freshen it up with new content! See these articles for ideas or if you don’t have one at all, learn how to get started! Learn more.
After you’ve spent some time updating your marketing efforts, spend some time cleaning the couch cushions. You just may find extra funds to put towards your next great marketing campaign!