Be thankful for social media
When you’re sitting down with your family at the table this Thanksgiving, you may be talking about your small business. It might be a barber shop, a restaurant, or even a specialized store selling cute little vases.
No matter what your niche, without social media, your business could still be in the dark ages. You could be spending thousands of dollars on advertising that few people might even see. Tell your family how thankful you are for social media now.
Sometime in the last few years, you may have signed your company up with Yelp and found an influx of new customers. They may not have even have known about your business before seeing you on one of the big listing and rating websites, but now customers can search and find you! Not many people use the yellow pages anymore, and few even know where to find a copy. Thanks to social media, they don’t have to.
New businesses are popping up all the time and right from the start, they take advantage of social networks and the opportunities they provide. With social media, the first experience a potential customer has with your business could be a Facebook ad, your Fan pages, or through a check-in deal on FourSquare. You have the chance to connect with a huge number of potential customers, and they can connect with you! People are getting online and it is making small businesses stronger.
Social media offers your business so many new opportunities. Here are 10 things to be thankful for:
- Huge networks of new potential customers are able to find your small business.
- Customers are able to tell their friends about your business more easily, and quickly.
- Merchandise visibility is better than ever.
- Brands, products, and information can be shared on many social sites.
- LinkedIn is great for sharing industry news and connecting with a huge network.
- Facebook and Twitter are new outlets for sending out discounts and updates to everyone.
- Foursquare encourages customers to visit… and come back frequently.
- Yelp lets you see what people are saying about your company (and respond!)
- Google+ Local shows people directions to your location and more.
- Pinterest helps make sharing your products easier than ever.
Since the advent of social media, more and more businesses are jumping online and finding their place on the internet. Potential customers are finding new ways to locate your physical business, buying from your online store, and engaging with their favorite brands. Not only can people find out about you, but you can find out about what your customers enjoy by reading reviews on Yelp and Foursquare, among others. This new way of managing your company is definitely something to be thankful for.
So sit back with your family this Thanksgiving, thank the internet, and give a silent nod to social media while you enjoy this year’s holiday feast.
Learn more about PropelSocialcomments powered by Disqus