7 must-haves for your business website
This is the second in a 4-part series about the importance of a web presence for your small business. See Part I: Websites for your local business: How do you get started?
Here’s a quick look at a few things your business website absolutely cannot do without, according to Entrepreneur.com:
1) A clear description of who you are: Make it obvious what you’re about so someone who stumbles upon your website knows right away who you are.
2) A simple, sensible URL (domain name.) Aim for a ‘.com,’ stay away from dashes and numbers, and try to make it as easy and memorable as possible.
3) User-friendly, easy to use site: Nothing’s worse than trying to fight through a complicated website to get one simple piece of information. Make it obvious where to find the answers they’re looking for. Online consumers have very short attention spans and little patience for cumbersome websites. Make sure your design is simple, easy to skim over for the information they need (bullet points and bolding key points is great).
4) Easy to find contact information: It’s simple. If you want people to get in touch with you, make it obvious how to do it! The most common (and instinctive for viewers) placement for contact info is in the top right or left of the homepage. It’s also a good idea to have contact info at the bottom of every page as an extra measure to make your viewers’ experience as seamless as possible.
5) Customer testimonials: Show everyone how great you are, right up front. Posting honest words from real people builds trust and gives a boost to your business’ reputation.
6) Obvious call to action: It should be clear to your viewer where they should go next from one page in your website. At the bottom of an info page, have a link to purchase, contact, or learn more, as appropriate.
7) Fresh, quality content: Make sure your website is doing what it’s supposed to do with content that is informative, concise, and relevant. Don’t let it get stale- keep your content current and updated.
Got questions about these must-haves? Want more? Contact us, or see more recommendations here.
Stay tuned tomorrow for part 3 in this 4-part series where we share some helpful tips and tricks.comments powered by Disqus